Easter Boutonnieres DIY
o you know what Boutonnieres are? I had no clue! For anyone who doesn’t know:
A boutonnière is a floral decoration worn by men, typically a single flower or bud. The word comes from the French boutonnière, or buttonhole, which is the British term.
So, I got totally inspired by those boutonnieres, my theme is easter of course, and if you like them, you can follow my DIY. I also slightly changed the design so you could use them as (hair-) clips as well.
You will need:
- Branches (Easter themed)
- Thread or ribbon
Additional: Little decorative birds, bows, lace
1. Cut the branches in ca.4cm long pieces.
2. Layer feathers on top of eachother.
3. Layer cut branches on top of the feathers.
5. Wrap the thread or ribbon around the branches and feathers and tie knot.
6. Attach needle. If you don’t have pearl color needles, paint with nail polish.
7. Attach to your clothe or hair.
8. Look fabulous!
The back of the clip