Crème D’Asperges & A Hint of Chili
Craving a boost of vitamin C and E?
Asparagus is probably THE German classic spring vegetable that everyone is looking forward to after a long winter. It’s locally grown and only available for a few weeks in April and May.
There are three types of asparagus, green, white, and purple. Green is the most common in the United States,
while the white variety is very popular in Europe.
|Crème D’Asperges & A Hint of Chili||
#ratingval# from #reviews# reviews
- 2 pounds green asparagus
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 chicken broth
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- Cut tips from 10 asparagus. Reserve for garnish.
- Cut stalks and all remaining asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a pot over low heat, stirring, until softened. Add asparagus pieces and salt and pepper to taste, then cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add 5 cups broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- While soup simmers, cook reserved asparagus tips in boiling salted water until just tender, about 3, then drain.
- Purée soup until smooth and transfer back to pot. Stir in crème fraîche, then add more broth to thin soup to desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper and chili. Bring soup to a boil and whisk in remaining tablespoon butter. Cut out a slice of toast with a star cookie cutter. Add lemon juice and garnish with asparagus tips.
Are you a food blogger or are you writing recipes on your blog every now and then? There is a really nice plugin for WordPress called Easy Recipe, which provides the recipe micro formatting that Google is looking for and automatically lists your recipes at MyBigRecipeBox.com.
Bon Appétit (like Julia Child would say) !!