Vintage Drawer to Jewelry Organizer
But I wasn’t looking into redoing the whole nightstand I have, I just took the drawer to make a ‘nightstand/space for my jewelry’, which is part of my bedroom makeover.
I used mod podge to glue the fabric to the wood, but you could probably use a glue gun as well.
1. Measure the inside of your drawer +1 inch and cut fabric accordingly. Iron your fabric and take the extra 1 inch, fold and iron it to make a nice edge.
2. Brush mod podge on to the drawer as shown.
3. Press fabric on to the mod podge.
4. Screw two little hooks on each opposite inside of the drawer and run cord/thread threw them and make a not.
(Tip: Don’t screw the hook all the way in the wood just yet. After you attached the string as tight as you can, screw hooks fully in, which will tighten the string even more.)
5. Paint the outside walls of the drawer white.
6. Screw the Ikea Hook to the side of the drawer and glue shell on top, so you don’t see the screw. I used the glue gun here.
Since it didn’t hold all my jewelry, I attached more hooks on top the drawer.
Total Time: 1 hour.
More re-purposed drawer ideas:
A cute magnetic board…
A dryer drawer (oh how I need this!)…
Stylish jewelry storage inside a drawer…
Chevron wall shelves…
Hope you are all fine! It’s been a grey day today, so we decided to have a little waffle party. Have you ever done one? You should try! And for the perfect waffle party, I have the perfect free printables!
Linked with A Beach Cottage & Dittle Dattle & The Shabby Creek Cottage & The Shabby Nest & TTAJ &Funky Junk Interiors & The CSI Project