There is a celebration on the blog today:
Yes, we are going into the 4th year and how better can we celebrate then turning up the music… music that comes out of your own cardboard boombox! This doesn’t exactly play up the portability of the iPod/iPhone, but hey, it looks stylish and it’s DIYed!
You will need:
► Portable Speakers (e.g. here)
► White cardboard box
► Black marker
1. Lay the cardboard box flat and take a pencil.
2. Take a round object, the size of your speakers and trace around it.
3. Cut an approx. iPod sized piece of carton (I used a small piece from the back) .
4. Bent it at one end, approx. 1cm, like on the picture.
5. Slice the carton in the middle, a little bit above the speakers and slide in half way the piece of carton you just cut. This will be the stand for the iPod/iPhone.
6. Turn the carton around so you can see the inside. Bent the piece of cardboard 90 degrees and tape it to the inside of the box.
7. Paint the front piece, that you bent, black.
1. Punch a hole into the top part of the box. The cable, that is connected to the iPod, with run through there into the inside of the box, where your speakers will be hidden.
2. Paint the top part with buttons, knobs, etc..
3. Now we make the handle. Cut out a piece of carton, like see in this picture.
4. Slice the top of the box at two spots where the handle should go in.
5. Slide through the sliced carton like seen on picture.
6. This is how it should look so far.
7. Paint the front, be creative!
8. I drew horizontal lines onto the speakers, so when I slice them, you don’t see the cuts. Well you see them, but not very visible.
Connecting the speakers to your iPod:
Connecting the output of your iPod is very simple. It requires an inexpensive 3.5mm stereo mini-jack to stereo RCA cable. Simply connect the mini-jack to the headphone output jack on the iPod/iPhone and the stereo RCA cables to the analog audio input on your speakers.
This is perfect to make on a rainy day and then dance, … like no one is watching…..
We will have an awesome giveaway this week, so make sure to come back Thursday, it will be colorful!
Follow me on Instagram for a daily dose of #behindthescenes #funky #lifeinBerlin