Gilded Plaster Candle Holders
I am in love with copper right now. I already made this lamp and now I am ready to take on another project, candle holders. But not just some average plaster candle holders, we will be making copper gilded candle holders!
They are minimalist and modern, yet give a beautiful warm glow, that makes you want to cuddle up on the couch with a hot chocolate;-)
All you need is:
► Plastic Cups
1. Mix the plaster.
2. Fill a cup half full with plaster mix.
3. Sit another cup inside. To hold the 2nd cup in place, put a weight on top, for example a glass or piece of wood.
4. After it is dry, approx. 5-10 minutes, carefully remove the inner cup.
5. Remove the outer cup.
6. The basic candle holder is finished. Let it dry a little bit more.
1. Apply metal leaf adhesive, thinly.
2. Carefully take a leaf and push it against the inside of the cup.
3. Repeat for the whole inner cup. Softly brush over attached leaf until its smooth and all excess metal is gone.
Perfect with those go these beautiful wall copper confetties, don’t you think?
Have a good one!