Homemade Baguette & Bread Paper Bags
October 16 is World Bread Day! Since 2006 every year hundreds of bloggers from all around the world bake bread for this special day, and so did I!
And if you want something pretty, to wrap it in, you can download the printables I made.
► 3 cups warm water
► 1 1/2 tablespoons dry yeast
► 1 1/2 tablespoons course salt
► 6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
► Fresh rosemary sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and add a small pan filled with 1 cup of water on a lower rack for a water bath.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt.
3. Pour in your water and stir everything for a few minutes. Cut rosemary in small pieces and add as much as you like.
4. Cover your bowl with a kitchen towel 2-3 hours.
5. Divide your dough into equal loaves with a knife. Roll it, so it becomes the size and shape of a baguette.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
There is a Facebook Page for this special day, there you can find all the blog posts from bloggers around the world.
Print out the printables, fold in half and glue the edges together.
Happy World Bread Day!